Thursday, August 10, 2017

Eclipse Patch

 

Hello Scouts!

 

If anyone is interested (adults too!!)  in earning the Solar Eclipse Patch for the eclipse we have happening in a couple of weeks please see the requirements in the link below. You must read the requirements thoroughly and complete them. I will need to see your hashtag post on social media for you to fulfill that requirement so make sure you can still access it when we go over your paperwork (if you don't have a social media account I will allow you to receive credit by posting to your mom or dad's account (I will still need to see it).

 

I will set aside one Thursday night that I will dedicate to checking your requirements off so please don't call me asking to meet you.

 

Please remember if you will be viewing the solar eclipse to follow the proper safety procedures and DO NOT look at the eclipse directly without proper eye protection, this patch is not worth damaging your eyesight! 

 

I also realize that school will be in session when this occurs so if you view it as a class or you are only able to view it online after it happens that is totally acceptable as well. Just share with me how you viewed it.

 

Remember!! Safety first!

Happy viewing!

 

Mrs. Cameron

 

https://blog.scoutingmagazine.org/2017/06/27/earn-bsa-2017-solar-eclipse-patch/

blog.scoutingmagazine.org

On Aug. 21, 2017, the solar system serves up a special treat: a total solar eclipse. Like all the best celebrations, this one comes with its own patch